Canon Rebel T3i – Photography Tips and Tricks – Water Drop Photography
Photography Tips for a tight budget
Taking pictures of water drops with little reflections in them just got a lot easier. You can use this photography tip along with your Canon Rebel T3i set to “Live View” to get the perfect water drop photo.
The trick is the 5x to 10x zoom feature while focusing in Live View. Here’s how to do it:
1. Set your camera on a tripod.
2. Position the camera directly over the water drops.
3. Turn on Live View.
4. Set your macro lens on Manual focus.
5. Use the zoom button to go to 5x so that you can fine tune the focus.
6. Take the photo – use the camera’s self timer at 2 seconds so you don’t shake the camera when you press the shutter button, or use a remote shutter button.
In this video, the whole process is explained. It does not require any special equipment that you don’t already have… that is, unless you don’t have a macro lens. But there is a cheap fix to that, too. Check the link below the video for an extension tube that will make any Canon Rebel lens a macro lens.
These are the tools I used in the video:
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i with Kit Lens
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube Set Kit (I actually used the Kenko extension tubes, but these are much less expensive.)
- Rain-X, 7 oz